Are you aware of the different roles your Teamlead has to perform during change?
Change is a “must-do” for all organizations who want to remain competitive. But change cannot be a result of goodwill and improvisation. Defining a strong and competent sponsor team is the first step to build awareness of the nature of the change. Why the organization needs this particular change, what will the change look like, what might happen if we don’t change… are one of the key questions to be answered in a very clear and transparent way.
As a next step, team managers/supervisors have to implement the change in their teams. A major question, usually forgotten, is: Are they able to be successful?
Senior management is not always aware of the struggle that team managers/supervisor are facing their most impacted teams when it comes to implementing the desired change :
- Are they good communicators to build awareness of how change impacts employees?
- Are they confident enough to be the liaison between project management, senior management, and change management?
- Do they speak as an ambassador about the change?
- Are they skilled enough to manage resistance?
- Are they able to detect knowledge needs?
- Do they foster ability by creating the environment for coworkers to develop new skills and behavior?
- Are they able to sustain the change using recognition and rewards?
Based on validated tools team2lead has built a program allowing you to highlight the talents of your managers/supervisors by revealing their natural profile trend: Manager/Leader/Coach. Knowing one's profile is a perfect starting point to establish natural skills and allow them to be developed to achieve excellence.
Our consultants are Prosci® certified Change Practitioners (ADKAR). They are ready to support your managers/supervisors and coach them to become successful manager, leader and coach in times of change.